Kaitlyn Cimino / Android Authority
Galaxy Watch 4
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on software releases for Samsung’s 2021 smartwatches. We’ll detail the current firmware versions for the Galaxy Watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out.
Latest Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series update
September 15, 2022: Samsung is pushing out the stable version of its One UI Watch 4.5 update globally. The company has been beta testing the update since June. The update will come with firmware version R870XXU1GVH2 and will bring all of the compatible features that debuted on the Galaxy Watch 5 to the Galaxy Watch 4.
To check for a Galaxy Watch 4 update on your device, head to Settings > Software update on your watch. Or, open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and head to Watch settings > Watch software update.
Don’t miss: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 review
- June 16, 2022: Samsung is now pushing out the June 2022 security update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series. The update is reportedly rolling out in Europe right now and comes with firmware version R895FXXU1FVE1. It brings improvements to system stability and reliability and not much else.
- May 22, 2022: Samsung finally made the Google Assistant available on the Galaxy Watch 4.
- May 4, 2022: Samsung rolled out the May 2022 security update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series with firmware version R8**XXU1FVD4.
- April 7, 2022: An update that improved system stability and reliability, and brought updates to Samsung Health rolled out to devices in April. The update featured firmware version R8**XXU1FVC8.
- February 10, 2022: Samsung rolled out the first major update of 2022 to the Galaxy Watch 4. The update brought an improved gamified contextual sleep tracking system, better health coaching and interval targets for runners and cyclists, and new watch faces with additional colors and fonts for tinkerers. The update weighed in around 670MB and included firmware version R8**XXU1EVA8.
- November 11, 2021: An update with firmware version R8**XXU1DUK1 arrived, bringing “improved system stability and reliability” to the wearables.
- October 20, 2021: Samsung released one of the biggest content updates to the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic to date. Four new watch faces were made available on the devices, including Info Brick (a data-packed watch face), Basic Dashboard (simple, straightforward stats), Weather Center (showing your three-hour forecast and weather conditions), and Live Wallpaper (with backgrounds based on the Galaxy Z Fold 3 series). Samsung also added a new gesture through a knock-knock shortcut. The update also included the November 2021 security patch through firmware version R8**XXU1DUJA.
- October 12, 2021: Samsung rolled out a small update to the Galaxy Watch 4 line (h/t 9to5Google), bringing firmware version R8**XXU1CUJ2. Samsung only provided a brief, vague changelog hinting at “improved system stability and reliability.”
- September 29, 2021: Samsung rolled out firmware version R8**XXU1CUID, which “improved system stability and reliability.”
What firmware are you running on your Galaxy Watch 4? Let us know in the comments. Also, if you’ve spotted an OTA that we haven’t, tip us!