Want to play sound from two audio outputs in Windows 11? You can use your speaker as well as headphones to listen to the audio stream simultaneously or you can pair two speakers and play audio at the same time to get the stereo effect and surround sound. By default, Windows 11 plays sound from only one audio output, but you can tweak the sound settings and play sound from multiple audio outputs. Here’s how.
How to play sound from two audio outputs [Windows 11]
You can use this Windows feature called Stereo Mix in the Windows Sound Settings and select two different output devices for playing the sound.
Note: The tick below works on speakers connected via a 3.5 mm port or USB port, it may not work with HDMI audio and Bluetooth devices.
- Step 1: Head to the Windows 11 Sound Settings, you can do it from the notification tray icon as shown in the screenshot. Or jump to the Sound Settings by pressing the Windows Key + I and choose System -> Sounds from the left.
- Step 2: Once you are in the Windows Sound Settings, make sure there’s one device currently selected in the Choose Where to Play Sound section. Go to More sound settings in the Advanced tab by scrolling to the bottom.
- Step 3: Click on the Recording tab. Right-click anywhere and select Show Disabled Devices from the menu. Look for Stereo Mix and Set as Default Device using the button below.
- Step 4: Now, double-click on Stereo Mix to open the Properties or use the right-click menu. Click on Listen tab as shown.
- Step 5: In this tab, you can check the box Listen to This Device and choose the second audio device you want to hear in the Playback Through This Device drop-down.
- Step 6: Click Apply and OK to save.
Now you should hear the audio from other audio devices connected to your PC, whether it’s headphones or an external speaker or whatever.
Did you like this content? More such guides can are available in our How-To Guides section.
Here are some useful Windows 11 tips and tricks for you and also, some suggested stuff on Windows 11 below.
To get updates on the latest tech news, smartphones, and gadgets, make sure you follow us on our social media profiles.